• Usher or be a Will Guide at plays and special events. There are openings for the July 25 Callithump and plays towards the end of the season.
• Usher at symposiums July 10 (Midsummer Night”s Dream) and 17 (Henry IV, Part I) and July 24 (Film, A Dream in Hanoi) and 31 (Peter Saccio) Front Porch Programs.
• Help in the Gift Shop: Daryl Lanz is looking for volunteers to assist and staff the gift shop kiosk in the lobby during GRSF performances. Retail experience is a plus. Volunteers who can work one or more nights per week are preferred.
• Help with Food Concessions during the weekend concerts on the Green
Usher: Judy Rusert Rusert45@ridge-runner.com
Will Guide: Gretchen Erwin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gift Shop: Daryl Lanz email@example.com
Concessions: Terry Hawkings, firstname.lastname@example.org
GRSF & Winona State University are partnering on symposiums about Season 8 Plays.
July 10. A Midsummer Night’s Dream
July 17. Henry IV Part I.
Select the link for information and tickets.
The Great River Shakespeare Festival (GRSF) introduces “6,7,8,9 2-for-1,” a new ticket program sponsored by Miller Scrap Iron and Metal Company that will make it possible for students in grades 6, 7, 8, and 9 to receive one free ticket with the purchase of an adult priced ticket to GRSF’s 2011 season productions of A Midsummer Night’s Dream, King Henry IV, Part I, and The Fantasticks.
“We often say that the future of live theatre rests in the hands of the young. This generous grant from Miller Scrap Iron and Metal Company is going to make it possible for hundreds of young people to attend our productions, and for their parents to experience the Festival as well,” according to Paul Barnes, GRSF Producing Director. Created to help remove financial barriers for younger audiences, the “6, 7, 8, 9 2-for-1” ticket program is one of many ways GRSF makes theatre accessible for the public. For Further information regarding the “6, 7, 8, 9 2-for-1” ticket program or additional GRSF education programs, visit www.grsf.org or call (507) 474-7900.
Callithump! What’s a Callithump?
- a noisy, boisterous parade
- a riotous parade, accompanied by the blowing of tin horns and other discordant noises
- a burlesque serenade; a charivari
- A fund-raiser and benefit performance for the Great River Shakespeare Festival.
- An extraordinary evening of entertainment from the company you love!
Our Callithump includes:
- An onstage extravaganza. (featuring the company-wide talents of GRSF)
- Art Quilt Raffle.
- Seat Swag. (you get a chance to win prizes just for getting a seat at the Callithump!)
- Lemonade Stand. (from the young members of the company)
- Accessories Parade. (you can vote on your favorite accessories with your dollar bills!)
- Baked Goods.
- Photo booth. (featuring costume pieces from GRSF costume shop)
- Entertainment. (on-stage and pre-show entertainment on the lawn)