May 16 addition: Hire an Apprentice
We have apprentices who are interested in working and patrons who are interested in hiring apprentices. If any Friends of Will have a job for an apprentice, please contact Valerie Williams, GRSF Education Director. Email her your name, phone number, email, and a brief description of the work involved. She will share this information with the Apprentices. It will be up to the Apprentice to make contact with the FOW if they are interested in working. Jobs can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
May 15: The news you have been waiting for!
Summer 2017 volunteer opportunities, (Front of house, knitting and more!) FOW behind the scenes, meet the FOW team leaders and new GRSF Front of House staff.
Friends of Will can now sign up for specific Front of House volunteer positions. Please read the information below before using Volunteer Local.
- Season 14 opens June 21; closing is July 30.
- Front of House positions include ushering ticket taking and accessibility assistance.
- We are asking people to be flexible with the jobs. For instance, an accessibility usher may be asked to help with tickets in the lobby for a portion of their shift depending on how many accessibility tickets have been sold for that performance or if who is taking tickets some may need help.
- We may add shifts as the season progresses.
- Dress code is a SOLD WHITE TOP and a SOLID BLACK BOTTOM.
- Because Callithump is a fundraiser FOH volunteers are asked to purchase a ticket if they wish to stay for the performance.
- If you have not volunteered for more than 2 years or are a new volunteer please complete the FOW registration form. There is no need to register if you volunteered in any capacity in 2015 or 2016.
- Training for new ushers/ticket takers and for returning Front of House volunteers
who would like a refresher will be June 14, 6:30 PM and June 15, 1:00 PM at the WSU Performing Arts Center
- Front of House volunteers will also be working with Front of House Manager Kayleen Berwick (left) and GRSF Marketing and Sales Manager Eileen Moeller
Kayleen Berwick (House Manager)
Eileen Moeller (Marketing & Sales Manager)
A recent graduate from Winona State, Kayleen has enjoyed working with the arts and volunteers in a number of roles throughout her education. Originally from Illinois, she is looking forward to another Minnesota summer and a great season with GRSF! Eileen is a 2010 graduate of the WSU Theatre & Dance Department, and ecstatic to return to GRSF as a full-time staff member after interning in 2007. She recently moved back to Winona from her hometown in Elgin, IL. She lives in Winona with her husband and many pets.
FRONT OF HOUSE QUESTIONS? Contact Gretchen Erwin, Friend of Will Front of Volunteers House Chair
Do you like to knit?
The GRSF costume shop supervisor is looking for knitters who could make chainmail for Richard III. They are making 6 cowls and 4 sets of arms. Contact Stephanie Jones
Behind the Scenes
Many Friends of Will have been helping behind the scenes providing early housing, picking up arriving company members at area airports, and helping them move into their apartments, preparing food for the spring preview weekend, and helping with mailings. The hospitality team chairs are planning meals for the busy tech week rehearsal schedule; distribution team members are busy delivering brochures and posters throughout the region. Contact a team chair if you have questions or would like to help more!
In the News
GRSF Recognizes Volunteers at Bard, Beer and Birthday
Winona Daily News, April 24, 2017
FOW Team Leaders
Please contact Mary Alice Anderson, FOW Steering Committee chair or a team chair: Tom Hoffmann, Move-In/Out; Patti Neal,Distribution; Rev. Jim Nelson: Transportation; Gretchen Erwin & Sharon Grossardt; Front of House; Brenda Terpstra, Volunteer Liaison/membership; Karin & Jim Worthley, HospitalityFood Team.
Back: Tom Hoffman, Gretchen Erwin, Jim Nelson Jim Worthley. Front: Marsha Yancy, Patti Neal, Brenda Terpstra, Karin Worthley, Mary Alice Anderson, Leslie Albers